martes, 14 de abril de 2020

Pepper, Water, and Soap Experiment!




Wash your hands
Germs Experiment

Hello boys and girls!
Today I want to share with you an experiment I found online that has been used to help 
visualize what happens to our germs when we wash our hands. It is such a fun and easy 
experiment to try at home. 

What you need:
*Pepper
*Soap
*Water





Steps 1
Sprinkle pepper on water (pretend that these are the "germs" that are on the surface of your skin!)







Step 2
Dip your finger in the “germs” (look how the “germs” stick to your finger! Yuck! 






Step 3
Coat your finger in soap. This is you “washing your hands”









Step 4
Stick your soapy finger in the “germs”









Comment below and tell me what happens after you stick your finger in the "germs" :) and why is it important to wash your hands?

If you want to try this at home send your pictures to our email address: englishassistantseuropa@gmail.com

Don't forget to write your name, grade and the title of your work in the subject line.


How does the experiment actually work? (The science behind it)
This happens due to ‘surface tension’. Surface tension is the property of 
a liquid to resist external force. Pepper floats on water due to this. But, when 
the dish washing liquid comes in contact with water, it destroys the surface 
tension around it, allowing the particles on the surface to spread. This is the 
reason why soaps are used to clean items.



Paula trying The Pepper and Soap Experiment! 









Carolina's pepper and soap experiment! 











Sonia's pepper and soap experiment!












Helena's pepper and soap experiment! 











Angela's pepper and soap experiment!









                                               Lucas' pepper and soap experiment!





                                          Alvaro's pepper and soap experiment!







                                             Marta's pepper and soap experiment!




Laura's pepper and soap experiment!







Daniella's pepper and soap experiment!



12 comentarios:

  1. Hello Dani I am Paula 2ºA.
    When I stik my finger in the germs,they run away.It is very important to wash the hands because you prevent diseases.

    Bye Danira.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hello Paula! Excellent! Yes, it is very important to wash our hands :)

      Hugs and kisses!

      Eliminar
    2. Hello Dani
      The germs run away. I wash my hands because there are germs.kiss

      Eliminar
    3. Hi Carolina, yes they do! :) They move away when you wash your hands. Excellent! :)

      Eliminar
  2. I wash my hands very much a day.
    I wash my hands with a lot of soap.
    So the germs die.
    Bye bye Danira. I se you. I'm Helena 2ºB.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Germs do not like soap and they run away when my finger is covered with it.
    It's important to wash my hands to be safe from germs.
    (Sonia 2ºB)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello Dani I'm Álvaro f 1B the pepper was stuck to the finger. Hands must be washed to eleminate germs.. Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hello Dani,i am Lucas 2ºA

    I put my finger in the bowl with soap,and the pepper turned away.

    To wash yoor hands is important to attack the germs.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Hi Dani I'm Maksim, I wash my hands every day with soap and I very like experiment. Bye bye Dani, one hug😊

    ResponderEliminar