jueves, 23 de abril de 2020

Seed Jars

Hello 3rd and 4th graders!

We will start this project today and continue to check in with it over time to see the progress! Remember the date that you started it so you know how long it takes to get to each step.

In the comments below say which type of seeds or beans you used and you can also send me a picture with your name and class in the subject line to englishassistantseuropa@gmail.com

SEED JAR SUPPLIES:

  • Paper Towels
  • Water
  • Seeds (I used an apple seed, a garbanzo bean and a white bean)
  • Large jar


HOW TO SET UP YOUR SEED EXPERIMENT:

My mason jar includes garbanzo, apple seed, and a white bean, but you can use any kinds of beans or seeds that you have around the house!
STEP 1:  Fill the jar with paper towels.  Kids can fold them and push them down into the jar. This is also great work for little hands.
STEP 2:  Gently water your seed jar to wet the paper towels.  DO NOT FLOOD IT!
STEP 3:  Carefully push seeds down into the paper towels around the edge of the jar so they can still be seen. Make sure they are firmly held in place.
STEP 4: Put the jar next to a window where it can get plenty of sun!
STEP 5: Every day check on the seeds to see progress and make sure that the paper towels are still wet (every couple days we will add water, but not too much!)


WHAT DO YOU SEE IN YOUR SEED JAR?


  • You are looking for a root to pop out of the side.
  • Next, you are looking for root to push down into the soil.
  • Then, you are looking for root hairs.
  • Next, you are looking for the seed to push up while the root hairs push down.
  • Lastly, you are looking for the shoots to come up!

5 comentarios:

  1. Hi Ellie,
    I plant two garbanzos, apple seeds and pear seeds.
    I hope the seeds grow.
    I send you an email with photos.
    Have a nice day!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello Ellie, I have planted two white beans.
    Bye Bye

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Ellie,
    I plant tangerine,lemon and bean.
    When the seeds grow I send you a photo.
    Bye Bye😘😘😀

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello Ellie! I am Ágatha.
    I'm going to plant three seeds: a lentil, chickpea and soy.
    Bye bye 😘😘😘

    ResponderEliminar
  5. HI ELLIE , I 'M ANGEL Q . I was plant an aloe vera🌱,. Have a good day . !!!😘😘🤍😉😃planta

    ResponderEliminar